Whistler, BC - December 2016

Exploring Whistler-Blackcomb, taking advantage of free lift days courtesy of early season EDGE cards. Thanks to some solid Whistler library remote working sessions (highly recommend), we were able to spend most of early December in this magical place. The crux of Whistler is camping, and our two weeks involved a combination of car-camping (i.e. camping inside the car - not recommended), a tiny 1-bedrooms with seven people, couch surfing with kind friends, and a finale weekend in a slopeside resort cabin with a group of close comrades and a lot of whiskey. All in all, we had a solid 8 days of skiing including opening runs in Whistler Bowl and the Blackcomb Glacier. Firsts included: my first real powder run, my first T-bar experience (thanks random Whistler Dad for talking me through it!), my first off-piste black diamond, and my first mid-mountain waffle.















Comments

Popular Posts